FORTE’S COYOTE POWER STEERING VIDEO
In this video we take you step by step the installation process for the Fortes power steering pump.
1. Lay out all your parts and hardware to make sure you have everything you need to complete the installation.
2. Place your bracket up against the engine and apply Blue Loctite to each bolt as you hand tighten them first one by one(to prevent cross threading). Once the bracket is secure and the bolts are in finger tight, torque the bolts to 15ft-lb.
3. With idler pulley in position finger tighten the bolt, then torque to 12ft-lb.
4. Next place the pump in place on the bracket. Use Blue Loctite on the six bolts used to secure the pump. Finger tighten them the torque the pump bolts to 12ft-lb.
5. There are a few ways to mount the mount the pump pulley, we recommend buying or renting a “pulley installer tool”, the most important thing is to make sure the pump pulley aligns with the idler and rear crank pulley slot. (we used a magnetic laser alignment tool, to make sure it lined up).
6. With the tensioner pulley in place apply Blue Loctite to bolt and hand tighten, the torque to 12ft-lb.
7. Lastly run the belt through so it is positioned as in the video at “3:06“, make sure it is seated in the groves of each pulley. Insert a 3/8” drive ratchet into the slot provided in the tensioner pulley move, then move the tensioner pulley so that there is enough slack to slip it into place over the pump pulley.
That’s it you have successfully installed Forte’s Coyote Power Steering Pump! If you need any additional assistance just give us a call we are on call 24/7!