- Our most compact transmission is a stock replacement for 1983-1993 Mustang & Capri 5.0.
- 300 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Extremely lightweight; just 75 lbs. dry!
- Ideal for moderate horsepower builds where space is limited
- Excellent drivability with light shift effort, smooth shift quality
- Exceptional fuel savings with 0.63:1 overdrive
- A favorite of many weekend cruisers, street-rodders, and kit car enthusiasts
- The 1352-251 T-5 is exactly the same unit as the Ford Performance M-7003-Z T-5 except for the metal ID Tag.
- This is very popular in many Hot Rod applications including mild HP Flat Head Ford V-8 or even mild HP SB Chevy!
Introduced in the early 1980’s, the T-5 has become a highly evolved, extremely compact and versatile 5-speed. In its rich history, the T-5 has been installed as original equipment in a variety of vehicles, from pick-up trucks and SUV’s to the fun to drive 5.0 Mustang.
Today, the T-5 still enjoys life as an original equipment unit in several overseas applications, while continuing to gain popularity in hot rod and performance markets. Dollar-for-dollar, pound-for-pound, the T-5 is the smoothest-shifting, and most reliable manual transmission for moderate horsepower applications.
Easily accepting up to 300 lb-ft of torque, the TREMEC T-5 is not only durable, but offers easy operation and a deep overdrive – making any hot rod, street car, or kit car more enjoyable to drive.