Tremec TKO (Discontinued)
- NOTE: The Tremec TKO has been replaced by the TKX 5-Speed Transmission
- The original 5-speed overdrive heavyweight
- Exceptionally light at just 99 lbs. dry
- Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pick-ups for extreme versatility
- Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- Multiple gearing and overdrive options (see Technical Specifications)
- TREMEC’s most popular and widely used 5-speed; well-suited to a variety of builds
TREMEC’s TKO series of 5-speed transmissions was first made famous by the 5-liter Mustang movement and has since been fitted into nearly every rear-wheel drive performance application imaginable.
Far and away the most versatile 5-speed on the market, the TKO offers an impressive array of flexibility features – including multiple shifter locations, mounting configurations, gearing options, and speedometer pickups (electric and mechanical).
Serving up to 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive, the TKO offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners – which may be why it’s the manual transmission behind more boulevard-bruising street machines and sportsman race victories than all of its competitors combined.