Evans Waterless Coolant
In order to convert from regular water or mixed water friendly coolant you'll need the evans prep-fluid to help you flush your system before installing evans coolant.
Once your system is prepared you'll have your choice of:
-HEAVY DUTY WATERLESS COOLANT
-EVANS HIGH PERFORMANCE WATERLESS COOLANT
-EVANS POWERSPORTS WATERLESS COOLANT
-EVANS NPG WATERLESS COOLANT
Please use the appropriate fluid for your application.
Water is an excellent fluid for cooling as long as it remains in a liquid state, but when water turns to steam it has virtually no capacity for heat transfer. Evans waterless coolant is a superior fluid for transferring heat in engines because it remains in a liquid state until above 375°F—well above the operating temperature of an engine.
Within an engine cooling system, the hottest surfaces are those adjacent to the combustion chamber, specifically the cylinder liners and cylinder head. These hot spots cause water to vaporize, preventing efficient cooling and causing loss of performance and unnecessary engine damage. When the coolant fails in this way the engine becomes even hotter, causing more hot spots and more steam.
Evans waterless coolants will not boil around these engine hotspots, maintaining efficient cooling performance even when the engine is put under extreme conditions. When water turns to steam it pressurizes the cooling system, putting stress on hoses and other components. The significantly higher boiling point of Evans coolants means significantly less pressure than water, resulting in a less stressed cooling system.
Water contains oxygen, which causes corrosion and also allows electrolytic activity which further damages engine metals. Evans waterless coolants eliminate corrosion and electrolytic activity, significantly increasing the life of the engine.
Evans waterless coolants offer several benefits to save you money, time and engine wear.
- No Corrosion: Because they remove water from the cooling engine system, Evans waterless coolants prevent water-caused corrosion.
- No Erosion: Evans coolants remain in liquid form and do not vaporize, preventing the “pitting” caused by water vapor.
- No Overheating: Evans waterless coolants prevent over-boiling by raising the boiling point of antifreeze from around 226°F for water-based antifreeze to 375°F—far about the operating temperature of an engine.
- No Electrolysis: The absence of water in Evans Waterless Coolant, substantially reduces electrical conductivity of Evans coolant which sharply reduces incidents of electrolysis.
- No Pressure: Because Evans coolants remain in liquid form, they prevent stress on cooling system components such as hoses, pump seals and radiator seams due to high water pressure.
- How does Evans help stop coolant change-outs?: Evans has always contended that the absence of water in a cooling system removes the root causes of metal corrosion, electrolysis, and high system pressures.
- No Freezing: Evans coolants have natural antifreeze properties down to -40°F—no need to worry about maintaining a 50-50 water-antifreeze balance.
- No Flushing: Evans coolants do not degrade and are designed to last the life of your engine, so you’ll never need to add or change coolant or flush your radiator.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.